Friday, July 15, 2011

Stick a needle in your eye


Remember the old childhood phrase "Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye"? Well I recently had a few needles stuck in my eye. Over the past year my right eye has been constantly tearing up every 20 minutes, all day, every day.. for the past year. Do you know how many tissues I've gone through? I guess it wasn't always as bad as it got, but it progressively got worse. I just thought I had weird allergies in one eye, but then I found out you can't just have allergies in one eye; you would have them in both.

So I saw an eye doctor finally and she examined my eye, finding that my tear duct hole that is supposed to drain my tears, has a tiny membrane that grew over it so the tears were just collecting in my eye until either I wiped it or it rolled down my face. She explained that she would have to puncture the membrane with a needle to create that hole again. First, she would need to stick a needing with numbing medicine in my eye first. When I say in my eye, I am not really talking about the actual eye ball, just the pink part in the inside corner of your eye. That puffy little bump, you know what I'm talking about.

So after she numbed it with a needle, she stuck another needle in to punture it. Then she stuck a tiny syringe in the hole and flushed it out with this nasty tasting antibacterial that ran down my throat from my eyes. It wasn't a pleasant experience, but I told her that I much rather get eye work done than dental work ANY DAY. Overall, yes it was painful even with the numbing that wore off in 3 minutes. And would I do it again?? If I needed to. Because it is SOOO nice to have dry eyes again!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!! You do not know how happy I feel to not carry around a tissue every day and wipe my eye every 20 minutes. :)

4th of July we went to the Huntington Beach 4th of July parade. The babies had a blast watching all the floats and the military men and women a.k.a. "Daddy's friends" :)

We painted our nails the same color :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

Yikes, the needle in the eye does not sound pleasant. I'm glad that it fixed your eye problems, though. And your kids are darling

Ashley W. said...

lol thanks Megan