Saturday, July 16, 2011

Could this be a calling?

Last year Jason changed his major from Marketing to Religion. He went to a Bible college and graduated, but then went on to pursue other business goals at a university. I know that Jason has always had a calling when it comes to ministry; ministry in many forms. His passion for it is noticeable to me in every day life. I remember living back in Germany, Jason would get up early in the morning, go to PT, and afterward shower and make his cup of coffee and read the Bible. He even made time for this on mornings where he didn't have PT. Even on some weekends. He would get up extra early just to have his "God and self" time before the start of his day. I admired that about him and wish I had the will to get up out of my comfy warm bed in the morning before the sun even came out.

On some Saturday mornings, his day off, he would get up and attend the Men's Bible study at church at 0700! Yikes! That is early for a Saturday! But he would willingly do this because he was hungry for the spirit.

Our whole marriage, we both have been searching and yearning for a church to feed our souls. We have yet to find that together. I am just beyond blessed to have a husband who leads our family to a closer relationship with the Lord. And I am by no means a straggler. I full heartedly have the desire to grow in my relationship with God. I can only wish I could be the Christian that I know God wants me to be.

Jason has been waiting and wondering why he wants this degree in Religion. What is he going to do with it? Why is he strongly led to this area? Is this really his calling?

Jason has been talking with me about finding his calling and if God wants him to be a pastor. I would love nothing more than him to become so filled with the spirit to feel led to share the word of God as a preacher. I support him 200% in that decision. I understand that this is something one must be called on to do. It is not a job for just anyone. A special person has to receive the calling.

I will just continue to pray to God that He gives Jason an answer to what he is seeking. Whether Jason is meant to become a pastor or if God has other plans for him in ministry, I just pray that Jason receives an answer so he can continue on how God sees fit. Please pray for Jason to find his calling.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I hope Jason does find his calling--and we will pray for both him and you as you make it through this deployment.

Cafe with Kim said...

pastor??? then yes, move back to Kansas! lol.
but in all seriousness, it is a huge calling! we'll be praying that God will reveal to him what He has for him and you! and remember He works in His own time (just in case you are impatient like me and need to have all the answers yesterday).

Ashley W. said...

if I could like "like" on both of your comments I would :)

Jason said...

Hey Kim,

Thanks for the words. I know it's a huge calling, but in all honesty I think it's something that God's been trying to get me to open my mind and heart up to for a long time. I just wouldn't let myself get out of the way and stop making excuses. You know what I mean?