Saturday, October 10, 2009

Going on Leave!




We are so excited to be going on leave in November. My mom is taking us and other family members on a cruise to the Caribbean! It will be mine and Jason's first cruise. Well, I guess I went on one when I was three or something, but who remembers that? We will make a visit to Kansas as well as California. Plus my brother, Ryan, is also coming home on leave from basic training and AIT! I miss him so much. I've been trying to write him at least once a week. I still can't believe he's in the Army. It will be so weird to see him in uniform.

Jason is up north (still in S. Korea) for two weeks. One more week to go. It's been, well, crazy(to put it nicely) here with just me and the babies. Frankly, I am going out of my mind without a break. Yesterday we ran out of baby food. I was trying to put off going to the store as long as I could because it's such a hassel going by myself to the store with them. But I needed to go. So I did the routine of getting their stuff together in the diaper bag, changing their diapers, getting pacifiers hooked onto their shirts, getting toys ready to play with, then putting them in the stroller, heading out the door, loading them into the car along with 18,000 other misc. things, folding up that dang stroller, then going to the store with them screaming in the back. Leila honestly cannot sit in the carseat for more than 10 minutes without having a fit. Then we get there and I have to unload everything and everyone. I can only get what I can fit in the bottom of the stroller so I choose wisely. A bunch of baby food jars, some frozen peas, milk, and bread. Then had to fill up the tank.

Anyway, you get the point. These days are long without Jason's help. Usually I have my best friend to talk to at the end of a long day and just laugh with. But it's cooking for one and trying to entertain these two all day long. I don't know how I would do it if he got deployed and was gone for 18 months. I would go inSANE! I love these babies, but it is TOUGH.


The first thing I am going to do when I get to the states is go to a Target and Walmart!!! Oh boy do I miss you guys! You never realize how much you appreciate these little gifts until you don't have them anymore!! Walking around the PX for the 700th time looking at the same 5 outfits for babies and same 3 toys gets old real fast. The first thing Jason is going to do is go to a Chipotle. What is it with guys and that restaurant? A burrito stuffed with rice and beans is not THAT heavenly. He makes it seem as if that is a meal created by God.

Oh and the babies have 4 teeth each ! Top and bottoms. It's so cute. Leila is standing like a pro. She just holds onto something with one finger and can balance herself. Jonah stands well, too. He's on the verge of crawling. Not yet though.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I give parents so much credit cuz taking care of babies is so much work. My brother has an 8 month daughter who is the apple of my eye but just taking her in the mornin to let him sleep more, im exhausted by noon. Im so proud of you tho and those babies are beyond cute! And im so excited for you to go on leave and especially to experience the joys of target and walmart again. For me I get so much gratification shopping there.

Miss you tons. I cant wait for that day when we can get together again.
Jamie