Jason got me a very much needed and deserved new camera for Christmas. I was still using our old DSLR from '07 that we bought from the PX in Korea. We had banged that thing around, scratched it up, and used it to the bone. Not to mention that was Sony's very first Digital SLR camera they came out with - the A100. Plus that lens on it was SO crappy and pixely.
So I started researching cameras and lenses and a little investment goes a long way, especially since I'm going to keep pursuing photography as a serious hobby. We ended up buying a Canon EOS 60D with am 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. The lens is decent. It's definitely a step above our crappy kit lens that came with our Sony. However, in the near future I really want to invest in a 70-200 f/2.8! In my dreams though. I would like a standard 50mm 1.4. I think it would work better for standard portrait photos I'm doing now that the 18-135 that I have.
I'm really hoping to take some photography classes/workshops when I go home to the states. I really want to fill my brain with the basics and learn from the pros. I need to get better. I strive to get better.
Here are just a few families that I've taken photos of in the past month.







No comments:
Post a Comment