Monday, March 1, 2010

Mommy and Me Classes

My friend started teaching Mommy and Me workout classes at the gym on-post and once I realized how many women that I knew actually go, I was all for it too! We don't work out WITH our kids/babies, we just let them play, or in my case, let them cry and scream until I give up and hold them.

When we run laps, I sometimes have to pick up Leila and run while carrying her! Hehe. Jonah and Leila are just NOT comfortable with being places without me being right there next to them. And one friend commented "Gosh, you need to take them out more" because she noticed how clingy they are to me. I was offended because she has no idea how much work I put in making my babies socialized. I take them to playdates, have friends come over and play with them, they go in the nursery once a week while I'm at Bible study, they go to the store, play on the playground, ride their bikes, stay with a babysitter twice a month... it's not like they never get out. So, I was reassured by other moms that it's something they will grow out of. I know that, but by the way they scream and cry and crawl after me, it's as if I hold them 24/7-- not the case.

So back to these workouts- they are Great! I love working out with people that I know. And it's fun It's hard work and we sweat and it's just great exercise. We're starting an 8 week competition to see who can lose the most weight, BMI, etc. The classes are Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. It's always hassel to get up in the morning because I have to get ready myself, but then get the babies up, changed, fed, pack snacks, pack sippy cups, pack toys, then be out the door in time to drive Jason to work by 9 and then be at the gym by 9:30. And it is no easy task getting them both out of the car and carrying them because they don't walk outside by themselves yet. But hey, gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Speaking of gotta do whatcha gotta do, we leave for Germany in 78 days!! I can hardly believe it! We are going to need to ship the majority of our furniture fairly soon because it takes a few months to get over there. I am SOOOOOOOOO excited!! (not about the plane ride) As we used to say in basic training, "78 days and a wake up, Hooah!!"

2 comments:

Nakeisha James said...

thankfully my kids are older now & I can workout when my youngest takes a nap =) I hope you meet your goals!! Congrats on your move & I pray all is well with your travel =)

Unknown said...

I have a difficult time getting to the gym cuz of the kids. They have a 'family room' in the gym on the Air Force base, but it's not like the base is right around the corner. My kids have never really been attached to me in the form of crying when I'm not around. It's probably because I didn't give in to them from the beginning. I don't know though, maybe it's just something that some kids do and some don't. You will be fine though. Those people have no right to be saying anything to you in the first place. No one is perfect and being a parent, they should know that. I wouldn't too much about it hun. You are a great mom, a better mom then most.