Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ho Dduk (Korean stuffed Pancake)

We discovered these tasty treats 3 years ago when we first got to Korea, walking downtown on a cold winter evening.. there were food stands that fried these pancakes in front of you, filled with cinnamon, sugar, and crushed walnuts. I found them at E-Mart in a box similar to an add-water pancake box. We decided to try them, and like everything else I make, I hope I wouldn't ruin it!!
This is Ho Dduk, also known as a Korean stuffed pancake that is fried and filled with cinnamon, sugar, and crushed walnuts (or peanuts).

The directions are in Korean, so I had to call my Korean neighbor friend to come over and help me.

1. Mix yeast with warm water, then add the flour mixture.

This is the cinnamon/sugar/walnut mix. Mmmm!! This is 0 calorie and 0g fat.

2. Heat oil in your pan. Make sure it's low heat so the dough doesn't cook too fast and burn!

3. Rub oil on your hands so the dough doesn't stick. Take a dollop of dough(as seen).

4. Flatten dough enough to make room for a spoonful of cinnamon/sugar.

5. Fold dough over to cover cinnamon and sugar to shape a ball.

6. Plop into the pan to sizzle and flatten slightly.

7. After 3-4 minutes, flip and flatten. Let cook for 3-4 minutes until crispy and golden brown.

8. Cool on a plate and EAT this babies!!!!!

DELISH!!!!!!!!!!!

VOILA!! So-LIKE the picture :) :)


No comments: