Monday, July 2, 2012

Enjoying School

I am really really happy right now. In my life. I am really enjoying being a full time student again. Not an online student, but a student that gets to go to class and meet people, study, hang out in the student union before class. I just am really enjoying it.

 I feel like I have a purpose for myself now that I am outside of my home and outside of being a stay at home mom. Don't get me wrong, I still love being a mom to my kids and having fun with them. I just feel like I am freed out of the dungeon of staying at home every day all day and doing the same monotonous routine over and over. Some special moms can do that and are happy doing that, but I am just a better mom when I'm not doing all that.

When I pick up my kids from preschool, we're all happier, we've had a day of activities, and we're ready to go home and play, make dinner, eat together, maybe go to the store, do something fun, and just relax. A lot of the time I'm doing homework, but when Jason gets back, we can spend more time as a family since he'll be able to help me out.

I heard a quote on the radio yesterday about how Walt Disney tried to get a business loan over 300 times. Even though he kept getting rejected, he kept trying and trying because he believed in his dream. It just really made me think.. I have all these worries of not being able to get into nursing school because I don't have enough points to get in from my grades. What if I don't get in the first time? What if I have to retake my science classes because I get a B or C and that is not good enough to get into the program? I kept thinking, should I have a backup plan because that would mean that maybe I'm not cut out to be a nurse?

Then I heard that story about Walt Disney and his persistence and then the quote "If you don't first succeed, try again" and sure, I've heard that quote before, but I never really put it into perspective. Just because I might not succeed my first try, I need to try and try again until I get in and finish the program. So I have this renewed confidence in myself. And I also have faith in myself that I will try again if I don't succeed the first time because it's okay to keep trying and trying until you get it.

I have a new motivation to study to the best of my ability so I can say that I've tried my hardest. I am really enjoying what I am learning, especially in my psychology class. Just a lot of interesting stuff pertaining to my field of study.

I also just had a great week's visit with my mom, step dad, and little brother. They flew in to visit me in Kansas. We had a great time. Went "camping" in Branson, MO. Lots of neat shows there and things to do. I guess it's like the Las Vegas of the midwest. The kids enjoyed swimming and they did fantastic on the trip there. It was about 5 hours.

:) That's all for now.

No comments: