Tuesday, June 26, 2012

In our groove

I feel at peace right now. We (the kids and I) have found our groove and have our routine. I don't feel overwhelmed by unpacking boxes, I don't feel stressed out because I have to juggle the kids and homework. The kids are enjoying their preschool and I'm pretty much halfway through the semester, anxious to start my classes next semester. Even though Jason and us are still separated by distance, I still feel like we are doing the best we can for the circumstance we are in.

We have been consistantly going to the same church which I'm liking more every time. I'd like to eventually start singing in church again. I haven't done so in years. I really miss it.

You know what I enjoy most about being an outside-the-home mom again? Socializing and interacting with my peers and talking about what we're studying. I just enjoy having classmates.

The one thing I am still struggling with, and could use your prayers on, is my weight issues. I'm still having a hard time committing and sticking to exercising regularly and eating right. I'm at this point in my life where I need to make a change in myself and my ways.

My parents and brother are here in Kansas for a visit. They  happened to come at a super hot time! It's just miserable out here. Can't wait till winter. We're going to Branson, MO. It's been forever since we've been on a road trip as a family. Taking the kids, too, of course. Hoping to get a nice swim in somewhere.

I hope in the next few posts I make, I'll have some news on Jason's return home. :)

1 comment:

Ashley P. said...

I'm so glad you all are doing well! :) Miss you girly