Another hot month in Kansas. Another month down that we haven't lived with Jason. Did you know it's been a year and a half already since we've not lived together? Crazy.
I finished summer semester and on my 3 week break, the kids and I took a mini vaca to California to be around family again. It was nice. I miss home. I miss my family. I miss familiarity. It's not easy living here when I don't really want to be here.
I am excited to start school again in the fall though. School keeps me focused on something other than being hot, separated from my husband, and not near my family. The kids are going to a new preschool part time since we really can't afford full time anymore. It's out of this world expensive.
We still don't know when Jason will get to come home for good, but in the mean time he is coming back to visit for a few weeks because he is just needing to get out of Germany and the isolation and the kids just need to see their dad. They've been wondering why he still can't come live with us.
We've had to make a lot of cut backs financially including taking the kids out of full time daycare, cutting cable :(, eating out less and practically making no additional purchases outside of our necessities. I just have to keep reminding myself that this is all just temporary. Getting my education is going to be worth it when I'm done in a few years and we are able to just live our lives not having to worry about the next paycheck. Until then, it's sacrificing time and money.
No comments:
Post a Comment