I recently read advice on another Christian wife's blog that a good way of not getting bored in your marriage with the one man you chose to marry is to chose a man that you admire. If you are constantly admiring great things about your husband and continuously respecting things about him, you shouldn't get bored with him. As broad as this little piece of advice is, it brings me peace to know that I did not choose this man, but God chose him for me. And a fine job at that, I would have to say. I'd give Jesus a high five if I could.
Reading her blog(Elizabeth Esther), I was relieved that I had accomplished that helpful opinion and found that it is true. A man who you admire is already going to be a great catch. Not a lot of people know this, but I came close to spending the rest of my life with a man (boy, pretty much) that I did not so much as admire as I did fall head over heels for. Come to think of it, there were multiple males that I had relationships with who i thought "were the one", but I did not admire them. I was yearning for the feeling of being loved back by someone who would be loyal and loving to me for the rest of my life. I was so blinded by this desire that I completely missed the point of why Gos wants us to find our mate and take a vow in front of Him to spend our life with that person.
I now know, in my short 24 years of life, that marriage isn't simply so two in love people can spend their lives making each other happy. I mean yes it is about that as well, but we are here so we can help our spouse fulfill themselves to the best person we know they are capable of. We are here to encourage our spouse to want to be and live like Jesus. We, as in a married couple, are here to become a stronger force and join together as one powerful unit to not only spread the love of Jesus Christ in each other, but to be Evangelists and spread the good news to the world... Even if the world in our world is small. We are to reach our children through Christ and show them the way.
This all comes back to being thankful that I married a man I admire and not one that I am "just in love with". I am madly in love with a man I admire so I feel I got the total package. Kudos to you, JC. You ma homie.
1 comment:
You admire me? Awe! I thought I was the only one who admired their spouse in this relationship. Love you! Be there soon.
Post a Comment