Thursday, December 16, 2010

Winter and Waiting

It has been snowing here in Germany just recently and it's been really scary driving so we had to put snow tires on... not to mention it's a law to get all-weather or winter tires here. We've taken the babies out sledding and while Leila loves it, Jonah is a little scared of it.


I injured my back about a month ago, which put me in the hospital overnight. I doing some laundry in the basement while the babies were upstairs in our apartment and I must have pulled the same muscle from a prior injury which triggered it to spasm and cause me incredible pain. It left me unable to walk or move. I slowly crept out of the laundry room but realized it was just too painful to move anymore. I yelled for help for about 5 minutes before anyone heard me. Finally a neighbor came to my rescue and called Jason. An ambulance took me away.

My mom was nice enough to come all the way here to Germany and help me out with the kids, laundry, cleaning, cooking, etc. It was great. I was able to take her to some of the Christmas markets here, too.
Jason and I took a trip to Rothenburg while she watched the babies. We loved visiting this small Christmas town. We did so much Christmas shopping there! It's so snowy and festive there. We sipped hot chocolate as we walked around the Christmas market and shops.






The babies and I were planning to leave Germany for good once Jason leaves for the sandbox. Now that's not looking like it's going to work out for us. We got preapproved for a home loan, so we were already looking into buying a house in California and setting up our life there. I guess this is not what God has planned for us. So we are still not sure what me and the babies want to do after Jason is gone. We'll probably go home for a few months or maybe just stay here the whole time if I end up getting a job here.

Speaking of jobs, I have applied for some in hopes to get something to get me out of this house. The babies have been going to daycare and they are loving it. I'm still going to school full-time and once Jason leaves, I plan do extra classes each term to speed up the process and keep me busy and not focus on the time he's gone.

We set up our Christmas tree last night and had the babies decorate it. They also love getting their stocking stuffers each day. It's the little things that mean so much to them. Oh and we are going to Ireland and England for Christmas. Jason has family in England so we'll be staying with them for the holidays. I can't wait to go! Although I wish we could have visited when the weather is a little nicer and green. We'll just have to make the best out of the snow over there.


Jonah and Leila's birthday is in one month! They will be 2 years old. My little babies will be 2 years old. I can't believe that time has gone by already. I don't know what we'll do to celebrate their birthday. Not sure if we'll invite their friends over for a party or if we'll just do something with our family. Either way, they'll definitely be able to eat cake this year! I've loosened up quite a bit from the strict and overly protective mama that I started out to be.


1 comment:

vw bug said...

Love you and your blog.