Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Enjoying the ride


You know when you're in the backseat (or passenger) and you don't have to worry about driving. You can just enjoy the ride(for the most part). Granted, you probably still have to tend to the kids, grab them the book they dropped,pick up their smashed crackers, get  them a tissue, answer a billion questions, clean your husbands glasses with your shirt, but all in all, you can just sit back and enjoy the ride for the most part. Now apply that to your life. When was the last time you were able to sit back and enjoy the ride of life? 

I have to admit that for me, these times are far and few. I know I should be embracing more of my blessings, but let's be honest, it's easier said than done. Sometimes life gives you these complicated, unfair, sometimes twistedly sick situations that can make it hard to "stop and smell the..." Whatever that saying is. 

These past few months I have been able to really take a back seat and love my life and my blessings. I find myself more involved with my children's academics at home, I'm more spiritual than in the past, I spend more quality time with Jason. I am also more focused on school. I think this is what they call a turning point in one's life. Things have finally settled down. We are in a permanent home, the kids are happy in preschool twice a week with their peers, we have a routine at home, I'm realizing the importance of my education-not to mention I have a set goal. I think the event that really rounded it off was Jason coming back home to the states. Nothing completes your family more than.. Well.. Having your family complete! 

I love sitting on our porch out front and watching the kids ride their bikes or kick around the soccer ball with their daddy. We've planted a garden, take walks to the nearby park, and are just enjoying God's most beautiful season, Spring! 

Here are some pictures of us these past months. 

Jason's graduation dinner with his parents and brother. 

Talking to my mom on Mother's Day!

Enjoying the beautiful weather and a yard finally!

Never too early to start!

Lesson time in the basement


My gift on my 26th birthday 



By the way, we had our first real tornado scare. It hailed and rained the hardest I've ever seen. We were so unprepared and running around our house like chickens with their heads cut off. We had like two tiny flashlights, no extra batteries, one dinky candle, four bottles of water, I took Cheerios and raisins into the basement lol. I made the kids put on their socks and shoes and get their blankets to head down to the basement with while Jason cracked all the windows so our windows wouldn't burst from the pressure of the tornado. It ended up hovering near us but passed us. I've never heard such mean thunder. It was truly scary, me being from the west coast. 
Thank God for our safety but we pray to God for those in Moore, OK. 


How many men does it take to make a lawn mower work? 0. Never got it to work :( I don't like hairy grass. 

1 comment:

Ashley P. said...

I'm so glad things are going better for you guys. And I love seeing you too, since you know we don't actually "see" each other in person anymore. lol Maybe one day we'll meet up. :)

Love your birthday gift, so sweet. What does the engraving say?