Saturday, June 19, 2010

One month in Germany

We've been here for nearly a month now. We started off staying in lodging on-post for 10 days, and now we are living in our 3-bedroom apartment on-post(yay!) surrounded by all the different playgrounds the babies could ever want.

Volksfest is an annual fair that comes to Schweinfurt and we were lucky enough to have it right across the street from where we live! We visited the fair a handful of times and took the babies on rides like the ferris wheel!

We found the church on post and have been attending it, and I found a PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel) here and love it! We've met great people just by walking around, on the bus, in our building, through church, and slowly, but surely, we are planting ourselves here.
My brother, Cody is visiting for the summer! We are so excited to have him here :)
I've been praying the God gives me more patience with my children. I get overwhelmed with them.. the more active they become. I just want to be a good mom to my kids and help them to grow up learning, playing, developing healthy habits, learning about Christ.. they are becoming little people already, doing things for themselves, listening to what I'm saying, and loving each other.
It's really neat to watch them become more independent and mature each day. An example is that they see us dipping our chips, and they want to take whatever they have and dip it in something, too. Even if they are eating a sandwhich, they will try to dip it in their drink or on my plate :) They can understand very well, too. When I ask Leila to bring Jonah his cup, she walks over to it, picks it up and brings it to her brother. Or if I say, "Can I have a kiss?" She'll shake her head no!



1 comment:

Cafe with Kim said...

can't wait to come see you guys! I'm so excited.
I'm sure you are doing an excellent job as a mother! and God will give you the strength, wisdom and energy to make it through each day!