Saturday, January 2, 2010

This is the year of Germany.

As 2010 hit, I realize that this is the year we will be moving to Germany to continue our next leg in the Army. Another overseas duty station! I really cannot wait. I'd just say let's move out of Korea already because there's nothing more for us here. We've done our time here and I'm anxious to move into our new home for the next 3 1/2 years, make new friends, get comfortable with our community, etc.

We just moved into this apartment in June, so it's been less than a year living in this place, which means of course we haven't gotten settled into it fully and not everything has its place. The office is not an organized as I'd like it, our bedroom is nowhere near cozy or "relaxing" as a bedroom should be. A bedroom should feel like an escape or a retreat, or at least somewhat of that feeling. Right now it just feels like white walls that we cannot paint, generic government drapes that are ugly, and mounds of laundry that we haven't gotten to. I am satisfied, however, with the babies' room. We worked really hard to make it fun and cute and useful for them and us. I feel our living room is comfortable and has that homey touch. Our kitchen gets the most use and it's a hassel to keep it clean all the time, but for the most part, I love it. I love having a kitchen where I feel like I WANT to be in. We have our Bose speakers to play music while I do dishes or cook dinner, fun magnets all over our fridge from places we've been, a bookshelf of dish towels, cookbooks, appliances..

Anyhoo, my point is, I don't want to organize the office and move things around if we're just going to pack it up and leave in 6 months anyway.

In our new apartment in Germany, I hope we get a 4 bedroom like we have now. Right now, we have our master bedroom, the babies share their room, the office, and the "Army" room which I'm sure every family in the military has to have because there is NO WAY all his gear, boots, uniforms, accessories will fit anywhere else unless it's scattered. The reason why I'd like an apartment of this size or bigger- is because I dream to have a room of my own....... a room that I can escape to to relax, lay in a beanbag perhaps, have a desk for scrapbooking, all my photo projects, to write, keep my babies' memory books in there.. just a pretty room for myself. That would be nice.. in a nice world. Now, realistic? Not sure. Maybe I'd have to "share" my special space with the office maybe.

When we move to Germany, oh just think of the possibilities!! I hear so many great stories of people that used to be stationed over there taking road trips to FRANCE, ITALY, CZECH REPUBLIC, around GERMANY. We can travel to England to visit Jason's relatives. I want to go to Ireland and Spain. I just want to live out our lives to the fullest because we are given such an opportunity that most people only dream of. I am ever SO thankful we can this chance- this BLESSING upon us from God. Korea has been good to us, but oh- Germany will be great!

2 comments:

kathyj333 said...

I wish you the best. The kids are adorable. My sister also does crafts. Her site is thecraftaddictonline.blogspot.com

jlc said...

Just found your blog and oh my do you have THE most adorable fam ever!!!

Can't wait to hear about more adventures. Germany will surely be diff from Korea! :)