Sunday, January 3, 2010

Calling on God

I need some direction with my life. I guess with OUR lives. I want God to lead me somewhere where I can be of some impact. I just feel that I'm trying to do my best with making friendships and trying to be apart of a group at church, but I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. I need to be more commited to Him so that I can see clearer on the plan He has for me and my family.
It's snowing right now and me and the babies have a cold again. I'm just sitting here thinking that I want God to use me as a tool to get His word out and His love. I want to do more. I'm trying to do the best I can having two babies at my side, because God knows that limits me.

I dream to adopt a child or children in years to come. I hope God speaks to me when this time comes, IF this is what is intended for us.

Jason and I go in and out of stages with our relationship with God. We were on a good track with Him, going to church often, praying, just keeping Him in our thoughts throughout the day... but now we are in a slump where we haven't gone to church in a while. Part of it has to do with the cold. Yes it is cold, but it's not just that. It's prepping the babies for the cold, gearing up all their food/snacks/sippy cups, etc. So, I guess we have been lazy. I've stopped reading my marriage-advice type books. Guess a messy house always keeps me busy these days.
(yes I still have time to write a blog)

Does anyone actually read this anyway? Well, if not, at least I can get my thoughts out.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I yearn for a closer relationship with God. I want to get back there.

3 comments:

Andrea Marie said...

I'm reading it! :)
I definitely know how you're feeling. I'm pretty sure every single person goes through this same slump numerous times through life. Our Heavenly Father knows we aren't perfect and he's still there to bless us and help us when we turn to him again. That's good that you still desire to do better and be an instrument in God's hands. Just start small! :)

Anonymous said...

i'm reading tooooo!

Dana said...

You should read Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. It got me through when I was feeling like that years ago and I still read it when I need a little push...i'm up to about 4 times lol.