I'm having issues with school again. I was doing really well in my classes this past term. I call them terms because they are 9-week classes. It's basically a full semester crammed into a half, which means double the work. I am really committed to my classes; I would log online every chance I could to work on an assignment. I would do my school work over housework, so that would keep getting pushed back. After the babies would go to bed, I'd do more work until about midnight or 1am, then shluff off to bed exhausted from the babies all day, cooking dinner, cramming in some laundry, doing the dishes, vacuum, tidy up, etc. etc. ANYWAY.
Up until week 6, I had a 98% in both of my classes which is great, but I got so burned out from different things in my life that I forgot I had two huge assignments due; therefore I didn't turn them in on time, not getting credit, losing out on big points. Anyway, a downward spiral has begun and I am trying to pick up the pieces so I can get a decent grade before the term is up.
My point is, this whole term, I have been taking up a huge chunk of my time for school-which is necessary for getting good grades- but have neglected daily chores, neglected taking my babies out for walks, not having time for myself, and always exhausted at the end of each day from babies and staying up late to do my school work. The bottom line is I don't like having to stress about writing a paper in APA format, but first citing my sources, etc, etc, when I have two screaming babies to spoon feed, a sink full of dishes, loads of laundry, a messy living room, and dinner to make.
My question to myself and I guess others is: Is this one of those things where it's going to be worth all of the tears and 'bloodshed' in the end? Of course getting a degree is WORTH it, but is now a good time in my life? I know I know, if not now, then when? Maybe as the babies get older? I'm not sure. I don't know when a good time in my life would be. Am I just making up more excuses? Should I just "Suck it up and drive on" as they say in the Army? Or should I take off a term, then go back, and take off, then go back? That would just prolong getting my degree. If I keep going straight through like I am, I will get my associates next year, then I can move on to my bachelors.
Advice anyone? Thanks :/
1 comment:
i feel ya hun. i am doing the same thing through UMUC and it is hard. Try to only take one class per session that way you dont have so much work. you will still graduate on time since we get the same amount classes in a 'semester' as other colleges, ours are just split up into shorter times.
Post a Comment