Monday, July 20, 2009

Ryan left for the Army.


Ryan left for the Army today. My parents through him a going-away party at the house and a lot of the family came. Even though I'm not there at home to see him gone, I just feel sad already. My little brother is now 18 and going off to join the Army. It just goes to show how quickly time passes you by. A few years ago, that was me.. heading off to basic training, leaving my family. I had no idea my life would change dramatically from then to now, being married and having kids. I just hope that his decision to join will be for the best. I honestly pray that God watches out for him. It's scary out there, not only ''leaving the nest'' and becoming an adult, but joining the Army- right out of high school nonetheless. I will write him as often as I can because every time I got a letter, it meant the world to me. It was what I looked forward to every day when they passed out mail. If your name wasn't called it was a huge letdown.

This is my second week of classes this summer and so far, I find that online is really working out for me rather than going to class. I can stay home with the kids and log on to my classroom when I have a spare minute. I feel better about myself now, knowing that I'm accomplishing something and I'm getting closer to my goal of becoming a high school teacher.






Just thought this video was too cute to pass up.

No comments: