
But not as much as tomorrow..
The babies and I are still here in California, living at my parents' house for now. Jason still has not heard word on whether or not his ROTC scholarship has gotten approved, so we're kind of in limbo right now. We don't know if me and the babies are going back to Korea, or if we'll go to Kansas for his ROTC. I miss Jason like crazy. It has honestly been so hard for me with these kiddos. They are my everything, but it is so hard not having Jason around to help me. It's hard not knowing when we'll see him again. I know he must be missing the babies like crazy. They are growing so fast..
Other than that, nothing really new here other than I need to start a diet. I need to work off all this baby weight. I don't want to sink into a slum again. I took the babies for a walk at the beach last week. It was so beautiful. I like taking them for field trips. I had to learn to take them out on my own sometime. Can't be a hermit forever.. it's just hard on my back because I have to carry both their carseats out to the car at the same time, lift them into our SUV, then when I take them out, I have to set up the stroller, lift them back out, then push the darn thing that weighs 40 pounds plus my purse and a diaper bag. It's a lot of effort just to go somewhere.
Let me give you an example of what happens when I want to take them somewhere:
1. I have to make sure I feed them soon before we leave so that I have ample time to get out before their next feeding. As soon as they eat, that's when the countdown starts till the next feeding so every minute counts! hehe.
2. Burp and change them, but giving enough time in between burping and the carseat because they always spit up some.
3. While they're digesting the food, I have to prepare bottles and formula for the road for their next feeding, pack 4 diapers a piece, fill the wipes container up, wash extra pacifiers and put them in a baggy for emergencies, make sure they have extra onesies incase of a spit up, burp cloths, and mittens incase they lose one.
4. After that I load them into the carseats (which are already inside the house), buckle them in, grab my things, the diaper bag, then pick up both of them and set them outside so I can lock the door, then we walk to the car together, I set one down so I can put one in the car, break my back in the process, make sure the sun is out of their way, put a blanket on them, then take the other one to the other side and fasten that one in, put the bags in, then go to my side of the car and we're off!
5. Wherever we are (i.e. the doctor), I get out, open the trunk, unfold the stroller, wheel it over to one side, take one baby out, secure them in the stroller, put the diaper bag in, wheel it over to the other side, take the other baby out, secure them in, lock the door, and then take them inside!
It's a hassel just to go anywhere, but it's almost worth it just to get out of the house for a bit. Don't get me started on when they both cry and it's time to feed them by myself. It's really tricky in the car.

No comments:
Post a Comment