
Well as the sole writer of this blog, I'll refer to myself as "I" instead of in third person. So-- I was in the Army until Aug.2008 when we found out we were pregnant with TWINS!!! I was honorably discharged for being pregnant. It was our choice. I wanted to stay home and take care of our two babies.. and the cost of daycare x2. I'm a stay-at-home mommy as well as a full-time student (online). Don't ask me how I do school full-time because I don't even know myself!! I'm studying Secondary Education, and it has been my absolutely DREAM all of my life to become a teacher- more specifically, a high school teacher. I'll tell ya the result though of being home 24/7 with two screaming/walking babies and trying to get my assignments and papers done while trying to maintain somewhat of a clean house-- a madwoman!! (lol my poor husband).
I'm attempting scrapbooking for the first time, I love to try out new receipes, bake, blog, take pictures of my kids, sing, and volunteer. I'm invovled with PWOC, Protestant Women of the Chapel. I love going to this women's Bible study. It's my weekly outlet with free childcare!! HALLELUJAH!! I recently started assistant coaching an all-star cheerleading team here. I love working with the kids.
For now, I'm enjoying our life overseas, raising these kids with a tremendously super helpful husband, and trying to get through my degree for myself and my family!

( Jason here: ) Well, I'm the white guy of the family. Everytime my wife sees my whiteness in all it's glory, I'm reminded of the pride I have for my heritage. After graduating from high school in smallish town Enid, Oklahoma, I went to a two year Bible college in Oklahoma City. It is there where I was studying Youth Ministry. The down side to that college is that it was unaccredited, so after graduating I started all over in my college career at a community college in Kansas. It was in Kansas where I discovered my interest in business, so I started studying Marketing, which led to Entrepreneurship. Six years of college (total) later, I got burned out and still didn't even have a degree, so I dropped out (I like to say, "took a break"). I then joined the Army National Guard which led me to finding my future wife. We met officially in AIT, even though we were in the same company in Basic Training.
After AIT, we decided to get married. She was getting stationed in Korea, and I was in Kansas, so I switched to the Reserves and got transfered out to serve my part-time glory life in South Korea with her. Nine months later, I went active and to this day serve full-time in as a US Army Soldier. I'm proud of who I am and what I've become, not to say that I don't have a long way to go.
After watching my wife enjoy her pursuit of a college degree, I was inspired and decided to finish my degree as well. I'd hate to see all that time and money go to waste. I love my family and I'm constantly inspired by each and every single member.
When I'm not being a full-time father and Soldier, I enjoy paintballing with friends. That should have been my first sign that I would eventually join the military. I also read when I have a chance. Ted Dekker is a great Christian fiction writer if anyone is looking for suggestions. Of course I would also suggest the Bible, but that one would take a little longer for a person to read. I also want to get into backpacking, kayaking, and geocaching. I want to see all of those picturesque places that you always see in magazines and movies but never get a chance to see it. I also think it would be a great way to destress and get in touch with my own thoughts; plus there's great exercise potential. Maybe I'll be able to get into that more when we move to Germany later this year.

Jonah is our little mellow one. Yes, he has his moments of pure screaming like a girl, but he is our child that can sit on the couch with us and just watch tv. Jonah has been mellow ever since he was in my tummy. Never really kicked much, unlike his spastic sister, Leila. Jonah loves laughing and playing with his sis. He's still crawling, but he's going to walk any day now. Jonah loves to give high fives and clap his hands. He's also our little whiney child. He's a little more sensitive, but I always just say he "needs us more". Nonetheless, he's so sweet and handsome and he loves the ladies!

Leila turned one-year old in January. She's always been on the move-ever since in my tummy. She's the "feisty" one. She held her head up the first day she was born- quite an accomplishment! Currently, she's walking on her own, eats real cooked food, drinks from a cup, and loves to mumble and sing. Leila can never stay still for anything- she can only go about 5 minutes in her carseat before she starts screaming her head off. Leila's our precious little girl that has a smile that will just melt you and the laugh to cure any sadness.
No comments:
Post a Comment