Let me just put it in real terms: we will have little warning when he will be discharged and no real plan afterward of a job that he can get. He wants to get a job of some sort in a church.. Ideally.. because that is ultimately what he wants to have a career in; being a pastor in a church. As of now he is interning with a pastor-friend in hopes to gain experience and knowledge.
We have been in the military for over 7 years and we've been very blessed with a steady paycheck and benefits. Now, all that will be ripped away and stomped on and thrown away forever!! Do you like how dramatic I am? I love the military life. Believe me-- I WANT Jason to stay in and just be a chaplain but that's a no-go on his end. He wants out of military life.
Instead of constantly worrying about what job he will get after, how we are going to pay our bills, afford health and dental insurance, buy our groceries (ahhhh I'm freaking out!) I should spend more time in talk with the big man upstairs. Ultimately, He is going to decide our fate. He is going to see how much we trust Him. Now I'm not saying we shouldn't even worry or try to make things happen ourselves, but I need to get better at this trusting God dealio because I lack in that area. I'm a realist and logical thinker. I'm always needing to know what we are doing, when, and how to get to that point. Jason is such a "just trust God" easy-going person. Where is the happy medium!?
I'm scared. I do trust that God will take care of us. I am still scared though. Just being honest.
I have been applying for jobs that are hiring, but they aren't wanting me. I e applied for three YMCA kidszone positions, a few CNA jobs, and two Targets(I even have experience there). Everyone keeps denying me. Is there that much competition out there people? Maybe it's just my schedule that is not working for them. I'm willing to work evenings, overnights, and weekends. What more could you ask for? I'm willing to do that while still going to school with my crazy schedule.
So I need to work on my faith and trust. I might as well throw patience in there too because that could always be worked on. Please pray that Jason finds a civilian job that will support us. I'm not asking to be rich here but it'd he great if we made more than minimum wage.
Later friends
3 comments:
Been there, done that, it wasn't fun but God was so good to us. He provided for all of our needs in the most unexpected ways. He will always provide for His children, otherwise what kind of father would He be? Trust my dear friend, just take a step off the cliff and trust that He will not let you fall. It will be hard and very scary, but just trust that the Lord will not fail you. :)
Psalm 37:5
P.S. Keep an eye on your mailbox :)
Thanks for the words of wisdom. I need constant reminders to trust in Him. Something I need to work on. :)
Post a Comment