Sunday, June 23, 2013

Onto bigger things.. with Nursing

I want to be a nurse. I do. It's such a process just to do so. It's frustrating. It's prolonged, competitive, and a lot of people quit because you can't just get into any program. 
I applied to my community college's two year RN program. I did not get in. As I have mentioned before there are 400+ people that apply and 56 spots. There were just 56 people with better test scores than me. That's all it could be because i maxed out the points in every other category. So the question remains.. Do I wait and just apply for the spring semester? Wait a whole other semester just for a chance to get into an ASSOCIATES program? 
After talking about it with Jason we decided that I'm just going to bypass the whole associates program and focus on my bachelors. This next year I am completing the rest of my nursing prerequisites for my bachelors and then in June 2014 I will apply for the BSN program. Yes, it will be competitive to get into that
one as well, but at least I will already be closer to my bachelors. 
God has been good to me with giving me guidance with my decision and peace to accept what is. I feel real good with the decision. I'm already in summer classes and on a good track. I'm finishing my general eds this summer with philosophy, sociology, and a few nursing classes. This coming fall I'm going to start my hardcore nursing pre-reqs like A&P 2, statistics, micro, and all those other fun ones. Just one semester at a time. 
I can do this. I just have to keep my ultimate goal in mind. I want to be a nurse. I will do this. I want this. I'm going to get into the program and I will be a nurse!

2 comments:

Ashley P. said...

Praying for you! Hope things are going well with you and the family.

Cafe with Kim said...

you can do it!!! why? because they need you!