Thursday, December 6, 2012

Our prayers are answered!


We've been praying for a long while now that God would make a way for Jason to be able to get home to us sooner so that he wouldn't have to spend another year in Germany. It has been 1 year and 9 months since we've been apart and we would have had another year to go. God made it possible for Jason to get stationed in Ft. Riley, KS for the next year instead! It's just 2 hours north of us.

We were holding our  breaths the entire time because nothing is for sure until it's... well, for sure. And when Jason finally got orders that said Ft. Riley and his report date, we knew it was happening.. he is finally coming back! He will be stationed up there and since we just bought a house, we'll stay down here and Jason will just drive home on the weekends to spend time with us. I tried to explain it to the kids the best I could. They still ask when daddy will be home forever, but I told them that now we will get to see him every weekend. They jumped for joy and yelled, "Wooo!!"

I am still in disbelief. Honestly I didn't know how God would come through or even if. He might have wanted us to stay apart for longer for some reason beyond my understanding, but no, He decided that now is the time. I am forever grateful. He truly does come through even when we don't deserve it. How is this even fair?  I don't do enough to show Him I love him, yet He keeps on blessing our family. My God is a true and loving God. I don't deserve Him.

This prayer wasn't that He would find a way for us to get a house, or for me to find a strong will inside of me to lose weight, or for some of my usual requests that aren't extremely important; but rather, this prayer was so important to me in my heart and my soul to be able to be complete again with my other half, for my kids to grow up with a dad and not be missing him for another year, and for Jason to finally have peace with his life so it's not just a big waiting game. This was one of the biggest events in my life that I will always remember because it would have either brought our family back together, or continued to grow our family apart by this long distance being a half a world away.


Thank Jesus that He chose this for us. Thank you to everyone who prayed for us or even wished us to be together again. I truly believe those prayers and thoughts reached God.

2 comments:

Ashley P. said...

I AM SO BEYOND HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I've been praying for you guys and I put down your names for our prayer request at church and I know they've been praying for you as well. God is so good and I'm so happy for you guys!!! (If you can believe it, I'm about to start jumping up and down in excitement! lol)

Ashley W. said...

Thank you Ash. I know that your prayers and the prayers of the people in your church truly reached the Lord. Thank you sooo very much. Prayer means everything and I truly believe in numbers! Prayer in numbers! It can do great things!!