Thursday, November 29, 2012

Storytelling at bedtime

I just started this with the kids, where instead of reading a book at bedtime, I make up a story. It's the latest craze with them now. In fact, when they lay down for bed, instead of me coming up with the story, they will tell me what I am going to tell the story about. For example, tonight Leila says, "Mommy you need to tell the story about a police man driving home and then he calls the fireman friend because there is a fire at the house and the puppy is trapped  inside so they all go there over the bridge and get the puppy inside of the house and then the puppy gets saved and the ambulance comes to get the people that are hurt....." and she will go on with the story and by the time she is done she practically told the entire story herself. I just laugh and say, "Um, okay well didn't you just tell me the whole story now?" haha so I pretty much repeat her story, just with a lot more detail and twists. Then when we are done with that story, Jonah explains a whole new story that I should "make up" and provides numerous details and a descriptive plot. 
It's fun and funny to me because we just started this new thing at bed time. It's cute. And here are some of my favorite pictures this month of my kiddos:

Making scratch and sniff bracelets for Grammy's birthday, on their new desks that I got off CL for $20 each!

One of my favorites.. we were playing "hide baby monkey" and they busted out laughing when they finally found him in here!

 Something so simple as watching a moving truck outside, can pose as such a beautiful picture with the both of them. This truly describes their relationship as twins. They do everything together and enjoy life together. 



No comments: