Friday, January 20, 2012

A Wise Woman Builds Her Home

I truly believe that the woman should be the heart of the home and build it up to be a home for her family. I would love to say that I'm that woman who keeps the dishes washed and the toys neatly in the kids' room. I would LOVE to fold my laundry when it is done and not just lay the clean clothes on the couch and let them sit for a few days waiting to be folded and put away-- but I'm not! At least I'm honest about it.

I strive to be like that though. I think of how nice it would be for my husband to come home (if we actually lived together) to a clean house and cooked meal and the kids tired from playing on the playground all day, but bathed in time for dinner and family time.

You know when you get your house so spiffed up and clean, organized, everything has its place, then as you dirty each dish you try to put it in the dishwasher so as to not have anything pile up. You even do a before-bed pick up around your house just to make sure it's pleasant to walk into in the morning. But then a few days go by of trying to keep this up and you start slipping- some dishes are piling in the sink because you haven't unloaded clean dishes yet. Toys have started accumulating in the living room and hallway and even your bedroom! AHH. My pet peeve is when there are toys and books all over the couch AND the cushions are loose and moved off and the pillows are off so the couch is a complete mess that you can't even sit on it! That is my absolute pet peeve!!!

By the end of these few days your house is a mess again because you did 5 loads of laundry at once but you let them just kind of sit there instead fold them right away. Now you are back to a mess and it's overwhelming again!!!

I think if Jason were here I'd be more on top of things, but I've slacked.

So I found this blog called A Wise Woman Builds Her Home and this woman talks about the importance of being a good wife and a good mother and homekeeper. I like when she talks about making sure you treat your husband like the knight and shining armor he is (or should be!). She quotes JR Miller, on what a wife should be:

"A true wife makes a man's life nobler, stronger, grander, by the omnipotence of her love 'turning all the forces of manhood upward and heavenward.' While she clings to him in holy confidence and loving dependence she brings out in him whatever is nobles and richest in his being. She inspires him with her courage and earnestness. She beautifies his life. She softens whatever is rude and harsh in his habits or his spirit. She clothes him with the gentler graces of refined and cultured manhood. While she yields to him and never disregards his lightest wish, she is really his queen, ruling his whole life and leading him onward and upward in every proper path. -JR Miller

I really like her views on it because it's old-fashioned, but a good old-fashioned; the kind of views and beliefs that should be brought back to present day. I'm very much for stay-at-home moms and homemakers as long as they love doing that. I am also for those women who work outside the home, but also try to keep this mentality of being a do-it-all mom.

I'm just glad I am a wife first and foremost, and second I am glad I have a husband who is worthy of receiving all of the gifts and blessings that a wife should give her husband. Now the real work is working on being that best wife/mother/woman I can be.

A-Wise-Woman-Builds-Her-Home

1 comment:

Ashley P. said...

Don't feel bad about the laundry piling up or the dishes not getting cleaned or the toys being scattered. I'm in the same boat! :) I think the only reason the house looks somewhat decent is because we're living with family. But trust me, if we weren't then the house would be in complete shambles within 2.5 seconds! lol