At the beginning of the deployment, I taught Jonah and Leila a specific prayer that we've been praying every night since Jason's been gone:
Dear Jesus,
Thank you for everything you have given us today.
Please bless Daddy and keep him safe because we love him.
In Jesus' name,
Amen.
They have stuck to this and eventually memorized it, of which I recorded on video. Jonah is continuing to pray that exact prayer, but Leila-like her natural rebel self-decides to venture off into her own prayer. She's been doing this for weeks now.
It first started off as:
Dear Jesus,
Bless Daddy and tank you for the rice and my mommy and Jonah.
Amen.
Then she starts adding more things to be thankful for.
Tonight, this was her prayer:
Dear Jesus,
Keep Daddy safe and we love him and tank you for mommy and Jonah and Leila and monkey and my stickers and pot (Spot her stuffed dog. She can't say "sp") and my food.
Jesus name,
Amen.
I love my kids so much. I'm thankful I can stay home with them to be there for these moments.
2 comments:
So cute! Alex has gotten the hang of saying "Amen" after his bedtime prayers with Daddy. I can't wait until he starts speaking little sentences.
I think there is a special place in God's heart that loves the prayers of children.
Post a Comment