This is our second month in Germany. Wow.. it seems like more than that! We are still getting settled in and I feel like I'm lagging behind getting everything organized. I feel like I'm procrastinating! I talked to another friend who recently moved in as well, and she still has boxes needing to be unpacked, so I don't feel as bad now! It's not just me!
I have been feeling so down in the dumps living in our "dump". I don't like to call my home a dump, but lately it just seems like I'll clean and organize one thing and then 5 things will just get messier.
For example, I will clean my kitchen till it's spotless, bleach the countertops, put all the dishes away, clear the table, clean the floors, and straighten up our living room and put everything in its place......... but then... the babies slowly bring out their toys.. they will take books off of the shelf and they will end up under the couch, the papercovers will be taken off of them, then the laundry that I bring up from the basement will sometimes sit in the basket until I can get to it... and magically the whole basket of clothes will be pulled out all over the floor. Then Jason will come home for lunch and we'll all sit down at the table, babies in their high chairs, and after lunch I'll wash there hands and not get to cleaning up our mess right away.. so then we have dirty high chair trays, dishes at the sink, the floor needs to be swept up again.. and before you know it- - WE HAVE A CATASTROPHE again! It just NEVER ENDS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! So day in and day out I long to have an organized and clean house and KEEP it that way.
Here's what I would LOVE to happen. This would be my dream day:
7:30 Wake up before the babies, make Jason some breakfast and send him on his happy way.
8am Babies wake up, change them, feed them breakfast, do a little cleaning up.
9 am Story time, flashcards, lesson time with the babies. Then crafts. Clean up.
10:30Take the babies to day care for a few hours so they can interact with other toddlers.
11am Me- HAVE FREE TIME! Get some homework done. Make lunch for Jason and I. Sit at the table and chat- about adult topics. Say goodbye to Jason as he leaves for work again.
1pm After lunch, I could go to the gym, or do a workout on a dvd, some meditation, read one of my many books that have bookmarks still in the first chapters, scrapbook, work on homework, clean.... THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS WHEN YOU HAVE A FEW FREE HOURS TO YOURSELF!!
2:30 Then I would go pick up the babies after they had an afternoon of playing with their friends, they would take a nap and that's where I can prepare for dinner.
5pm Have dinner waiting for Jason when he gets home.. the house CLEAN.
6pm Dinner around the table, prayers, good conversation, then a family walk, take the babies to the playground, come back home, give babies a bath. More family time, books, play with babies.
9pm Put babies to bed. Read the Bible. Read a marriage book that we're into.
10:30pm Jay Leno time!
11pm Bed time!
Ohh what a perfect life that would be! Unfortunately, the babies do not go to childcare and I do not get a few hours to do as I would love to do, and the majority of the time is doing dishes, picking up after the babies, sweeping, taking out trash/recycling/entertaining screaming babies. [sigh]. I'm making it my goal to make it to my *DREAM DAY*. It WILL happen soon! Hopefully :)
1 comment:
I feel you girl! I actually did have to schedule cleaning time into my day. We started Cohen in preschool at two for some interaction and for me to have some time out :) Our house always seems to have toys everywhere and we have a playroom and only one kid! You are definitely super mom to do it all with two! Sending positive thoughts your way!
Post a Comment