Saturday, June 26, 2010

Growing babies


Ever since we started this moving process 4 months ago, I haven't really stopped and just looked at my babies and how much they have changed in these past 4 months. They are 17 months already.. walking and babbling, eating with forks and drinking from regular cups, no more binkies, giving mommy and daddy kisses, wearing sunglasses, trying to get our attention to make us laugh, hugging each other, wiping up spills, climbing up and down stairs, listening to what we tell them.. these two are AMAZING.

Just seeing them walk down the sidewalk on their own and even galloping a little, just surprises me because not too long ago these little ones were barely crawling. We have thrown out all the pacifiers and completely have gone cold turkey with them. The babies are doing better than I expected. I think it is harder for me to let go than them :) They have switched from a crib to toddler beds and haven't fallen out. They are very good about laying in them and getting out of them when they need to. That was a big worry of mine.. having them fall out during the night, but surprisingly the tiny guard rail attached is a big help! We just started giving them regular cups and they drink out of them fantastically. Minor spills here and there but that's what kids do.

Next on the list--- potty training!! Too soon??Nahhh. A few of my friends back in Korea have kids around J & Lei's age and they are fully potty trained already. So the impossible is not so impossible afterall! After we get more settled in, I will get them some little potties and we'll start. I don't want to rush them with too many changes at one time. Before we moved to Germany, I said I'd wait to take them off the binky. We're already taking away their home, going on a long flight, staying in foreign places to them.. the least I can do is keep one thing of comfort to them. So I did. But now we are unpacking all of our things and the babies are discovering toys that haven't seen in months! It's Christmas all over :)

Unpacking boxes is so overwhelming. I don't know how we ended up with all of this 'stuff' that we don't really need. It just accumulates over time and before you know it, you have endless boxes of clutter that you really CAN live without! We need to downsize.. I like living simplistically.





No comments: