The past few days, my patience has been tested to the highest level. My kids are really stressing me out in an already stressful situation. No one is at fault because we are all adapting to our new surroundings and trying to find our peace in this new place we are going to call home.
Today is Sunday. I REALLY felt the urge and need to go to church. I have been looking forward to finding a good church once we got to Germany. And with all this stress and difficult time, I NEEDED my time with God. We went to the Protestant service at the post chapel. I figured it would be like our last church- generic, slow.. nothing that really made us want to come running back. But I was wrong. This service was great in my mind. The people seemed happy... the relationship with the chaplain and the congregation seemed familiar, the message was relatable and something I could understand and focus on, all the kids seemed really involved in the child classes. Afterwards, they had fellowship and a light snack where we got to meet and talk with some people. I talked to a few women who are apart of PWOC. I'm really excited to get involved with it. Back in Korea, I really enjoyed PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel).
Being around my fellow Christians made me feel at home in an unfamiliar and new place.
The one thing that made me want to write this blog today is the songs that were sung at the service. Two Christian songs that are near to my heart and that I totally NEEDED today. In fact, when we started singing the first song, I couldn't help but just let my emotions flow and start crying. All this built up emotion, tention, stress, needing God, everything-- it just came out as I was singing ... "This is the air I breathe.... This is the air I breath........ your Holy presense, living in me... And I am desperate for you.. And I, I'm lost without you."
"This is the Air I Breathe" -Hillsong
The second song, Agnus Dei, is on one of the babies' worship cd's that I used to play for them when they went to sleep. I just feel that I need to share these songs. They will very much help you if you need to be uplifted right now!
"Agnus Dei" -Third Day
1 comment:
love those songs ...very uplifting. xoxo
Post a Comment