I'll be the first to admit that I do not have a steady relationship with God. I will go days without even praying. I think that we should talk to God more than anyone else in our day. Do we really do that? Probably not. I have my phases where I'm really into reading the Gospel, into church, getting involved, and praying, and then sometimes I'll get in a slump and skip church, be more laxed with how I converse with others, and not talk to God at all. Not because I love Him any less, just that I am not as disciplined as I should be as a Christian. I'm not speaking for Jason because he is his own person and the relationship he has with God is personal.
As for us as a couple, when we are close with the Lord, we are close with each other. Things are clear for us, we are guided through life better, we are in tune with each other and our kids, and things are positive.
Jason and I finally sat down one night, took out a pen and notebook, and started jotting down personal goals for ourselves along with goals for our family.
What do we want to accomplish for our family?
1. Have a close relationship with the Lord.
- This includes putting Him into everything we do. We should do everything with the Lord in mind.
-I want to pray more openly. Pray not only at meal time, but in the morning, before bed, during the day before we go on the road or if the babies get hurt.
- Read the Bible.. Jason and I want to do this together each night.
-Find a church in Germany and stick with it. Volunteer and be obedient servants for the Lord.
2. Have a schedule for myself and the babies. I want to have a structured day for the twins. Learning and playing, coloring and singing. Then for myself, plan out meals for the week, have a weekly chore list and stick to it. Volunteer with the church.
3. Stick with a budget. Traveling is going to be a big desire for us when we move to Germany, so budgeting for our expenses is a must!
Those are our main goals right now. We have a bunch of little ones too... limiting our time on the computer, exercising as a family 3 x a week, Jason and I playing a board game once a week, family time, volunteering as a family, finding good Christian couples to hang out with, be involved in our community more.. the list goes on.
3 days until we move to Germany!!
No comments:
Post a Comment