Deployment is difficult for a spouse, that is no lie. I would rather be with Jason than not, but there are some things that I am enjoying while he is gone.. and some things I don't enjoy.
I do enjoy:
1. Having independence. Just getting up and going without having to consult with anyone.
2. Having things around the house in the order I want them in.
3. Missing him.. just making our reunions that much better. Distance really does make the heart grow fonder.
I do not enjoy:
1. Lonely nights. As much as I like having some nights to myself, it's just really lonely night after night.
2. Not having my best friend to talk to. When you have that significant other that knows you better than anyone else, it is quite a change when you can't just talk to them anytime you need to.
3. Partner in parenting. I appreciate a husband who is highly involved with their kids.. and that is just what Jason is. Always a huge help anytime any place. Sometimes I just need that second pair of hands to help out with the kids-- and not just the kids but around the house.
Just a few more months of this wretched deployment. Then we'll be able to see each other again for a brief period of time... then back to being apart. Oh the life of the military. Jason is still on the path of becoming a pastor and that is where his heart is pulling him-- well that's where God is pulling him. So it will be interesting to see how our lives will evolve during this transformation to the next big step in our lives. Less than 2 years of the military left and then we're out in the real world for good. I think God is calling us to Kansas.
1 comment:
Ha! I could have one for being around my hubby all the time. I've been away from my hubby for up to 2 weeks and I enjoyed the independence and being able to enjoy my things-- but I get a weird queasy feeling every time I have to leave him, and always enjoy seeing him again. I hope that at the end of this you will find yourself closer to God and closer to each other! Love you! and we would really enjoy you being closer!!!
Post a Comment