Monday, April 4, 2011

Big changes

I've been absent from the blog for a while now. Every week I keep meaning to get on here and give an update to the few of you who still subscribe. Big life changes for us. Remember how we were in Germany and getting settled in and having a great time traveling? Well, now Jason is deployed and the babies and I are living in California. We actually put in paperwork for the babies and I to leave Germany early because I wanted to get a jumpstart on school/job and Jason and I felt that with another 2 1/2 years in Germany, I was not growing in a career or my education. So there is some paperwork that you can submit to leave early from Germany if you have a really good reason.. and surprise surprise we got approved! VERY exciting for us. As much as we loved living there, it's just REALLY tough living there after 3 1/2 years in S. Korea. We got most of our traveling out of the way with, so i'm glad we did that. So.. why did I decide to come back to California while Jason is deployed? I got into a nursing program here and so I wanted to come here for the year, go to school, get my nursing license, return to Germany and start working. Well now I don't have to go back to Germany. Now we are pretty much... permanently out here in CA. So in a year, I will graduate from my nursing program, take my state boards and be a licensed practical nurse. The pay is very good starting off. I go to school full time, every day. Jonah and Leila are in daycare full time. They are loving it. They are learning SO much and speaking so much, too. They love socializing and becoming independent. School is tough, but I am doing really good. I feel proud of myself that I am actually applying myself in school for once. I never was a straight A or even straight B student. I was always C average in high school. But now, I have maintained an A on every assignment and almost every test so far. I am one of the few in my class that have maintained that. Just me and a few other girls. Jason is over there in the sandbox. I get to talk to him through e-mail, occasionally through skype if the timing is right, which most of the time is not since I'm in school all day. He is doing good, getting settled in with his job and where he lives. I've sent him a few care packages already with some food, snacks, a big picture poster collage of us, a calendar, American flag, and photo books of us. I try to theme the boxes I send him. I first sent a St. Patty's Day box and then I just sent off an Easter box. I'll post some pictures when I get more time.
That's where we're at in a nutshell!

Jason in Afghanistan
Us at the beach, missing Jason!

2 comments:

Amy Vanus said...

sounds like exciting news!! :)

Megan said...

Sounds like you are doing great in school--that's awesome. I'm impressed that you are going to school full time and raising your two babies while Jason is deployed--you're amazing!