Saturday, April 24, 2010

Community Family Day

That's one word I like.. Community. Being in the military, I've come to appreciate that word. Community is all we have over here. When living overseas, all you have to cling on is each other.. your fellow Americans around you. If you don't get involved in your community, you won't benefit from some of the great opportunities it brings, such as a whole new world of friends, volunteering, doing something good for the community you live in, and doing good for your family. I love the community here in Daegu, Korea. More specifically, the military community. I love seeing familiar faces around the playground, the store, and the "Community Family Day" that was held at Camp Walker this past weekend.

One thing that really stuck out to me about being in a community is when a huge gust of wind came and lifted 4 tents off of the ground; the four tents that were covering activity tables at the family day event. The tents toppled over adults and kids that were in the way. As soon as people saw the fly-away tents, everyone started rushing over to help... even people that were waiting 20 minutes in the hot-dog/hamburger line all the way across the field. They got out of line and rushed over to assist. That's the kind of community I'm talking about.


Jonah & me working the cheerleading table

Daddy & Jonah enjoying the festivities

Allstar Coaches, Nichole, me, and Vernetta

Leila sitting with the cheerleaders

Our Allstars getting ready for their performance

No comments: