Today was Jason's medical board. This is the day that the Army tells us whether Jason needs to change jobs or get out of the Army. The reason for this is because Jason's hearing isn't as great as it used to be.. that's putting it in a simple way. So several tests and doctors later, they wanted to have this medical board to determine our outcome of the Army. ANYWAY. They decided he is fine to stay in the job he is in. He does not need to get out of the Army. However, if he did want to change jobs-which he did- he cannot.
He is planning to reenlist soon. We will then find out where we are going once we are out of Korea! We leave here in June 2010. We may get the option of choosing a duty station of choice. How awesome is that. Someone asks you and your family where you want to live -virtually anywhere in the world- on their dime. So our choices(for now) are Germany or Hawaii.
Germany for obvious reasons. I want to see all the countries I can while over there. People stationed there now tell me they take weekend trips to Italy or Spain. Sure, it will be a challenge with two kids, but I honestly am not going to let that play much of a factor in our decision. What place ISN'T going to be a challenge with two babies. If we've done it in Korea, then I'm certain we can do it in a more American-friendly country. Hawaii is closer to the U.S. Plus, it's Hawaii. Come on! I have some family there and it would be really nice to live by the beach and live in the culture. Plus I know people would be more willing to visit us there more often :) Hint hint. I put a nice little poll on my page so that you can vote on which place we should go!
1 comment:
That video was so cute. Totally made my day.
Post a Comment