It has been 9 years since I graduated high school. I've been doing school part-time since then. A class here, a class there, classes in Korea, classes in Germany, classes at this school and that. I have about 70 credits, yet nothing to show for it.
Back in 2011 while Jason was in Afghanistan I was in an LPN program in California of which I did 5 months of before I had to stop for several reasons. One of them being that we couldn't afford full time child care any longer. Both kids were in full time because I was going to school every day from 8-4. Sadly I did not complete it, but I was able to see my potential in the nursing field with being on the honor roll and student of the month for several months.
Since moving to Kansas, I have continued my nursing education by doing pre-requisite courses and getting my nursing assistant license. I have applied for the RN program three times and no luck. My points are not high enough. So now I am applying for an LPN program at another school, of which I hope I will have better luck with. I apply in May for the Fall session, so please be praying for me. It has been a long time coming and I am just ready to be in a program again.
With that said, my current class list this semester is Developmental Psychology and Pathophysiology. I am looking forward to both because they are directly related to my degree. None of this algebra or writing dozens of papers-mumbo-jumbo.
Here's a look back at my LPN (or LVN as we call it in California) days:
No comments:
Post a Comment