Pastor Rob talked about his and Jason's friendship throughout the years and how he's mentored Jason during our time in Korea, Germany, and even Afghanistan. Now it was a cool thing for Pastor Rob to be able to see his mentorship have an effect in Jason's life by having Jason continue the path of ministry. Jason went up on stage and began with organizing his notes on the podium.
He talked about our relationship, he made people laugh. He made me cry. He talked about how he was aware for two years of the kids' life and didn't know if I knew how much he was thankful that I was a strong mother for the kids. He gave a small testimony of our recent life this past summer and how we are struggling financially. When he started admitting this to the church I'm thinking, "Hm. Okay. I guess we're sharing this with people now," lol. I never got that approval but what the hay! Let's just let the whole congregation know our problems, haha. Yeah, we had a little talk about that later lol.
He broke into scripture and told about the story of Lazarus. He had several key points. Jason made sure to break away from the podium and start walking down the steps a little, walked to the other side of the stage, use hand gestures, and EVEN............... Sing a Mandesa song.... YES. Sing a Mandesa song. You know that gospel singer that was on American Idol... that has those hits "It's a Good Morning" and "Overcomer"? Yes, well, he sang the chorus of "Overcomer". I was impressed. I truly was. If you know Jason then you know he's not exactly a stage performer. It was funny. He touched on all the emotions (a little tip I gave him hehe). He made people laugh, he was serious, he was honest, down to earth, and informative.
Sure, he was nervous. In fact he was so nervous that he started to well up and cry at some points. Not full on bawl, but you know when you are about to cry and you have a frog in your throat and you are trying to hold it all in? He was like that. I could tell.He could tell. He asked if it was noticeable. It was. He told some emotional stories so I don't blame him. Heck, I thought he did an outstanding job. If anything, it was what I needed to believe that this is truly what he wanted. If a guy so shy and not outspoken can get up on stage and have the courage to do all that, he must really want it, right? I won't lie, I have been weary of the fact that he wants to preach. I'm a "see it to believe it" type of person and public speaking doesn't come naturally to him. After his sermon, I know now that he has passion. And if Moses wasn't a great public speaker either and God still chose him, then I know all possibilities are endless.
I'm proud of him and I know he's glad it's over with! Now to get through leading Bible study next week... :) Better get ready, Jas!

1 comment:
Now I am really sorry I missed it! Sounds like it was absolutely wonderful! Keep it up Jason!
Post a Comment