Monday, January 21, 2013

Testing my patience

Some pretty annoying things happened with our new house that has really tested my cool. I don't feel like God purposely gave these situations to me, but I feel He is watching to see how in handle them.

I'm having to go through the challenges of living in this new house alone. Surprise surprise. Jason fixed the floors and what he could before he had to leave for Germany again. He did so much for us to make sure we were going to be taken care of in this house. Ill leave that for another post though. E deserves his own blog entry :)

The toilet kept spilling water after it was flushed because the water valve was broken so there was nothing to tell it to stop letting in water. Anyway it was pouring in my basement for a good ten minutes. I was going to say raining, but pouring is a better adjective. Frantically I tried to shut the water off. Lever wouldn't budge. I'm freaking out because its literally rainin through the ceiling in the basement.

Half an hour and many phone calls of frustration later, a plumber and water mitigation team were on their way. I couldn't call Jason because he's in Germany. I felt helpless at the time and overwhelmed at all that's just happened. I cried to my mom on the phone. I called my dad for advice. I just needed somebody to help me. Anybody. I'm a first time homeowner and I wasn't sure what to even do first.

That mess is still in progress. Carpets need replacing. Monies to be paid. Just a nightmare.

I'm not at that point where I can laugh about it. Far from it. I just want my house to stay the way it is so I can't make myself a home around it. I don't need it to keep throwing me new obstacles that prevent me from settling in. Men have constantly been coming in and out of my house with fans, machines, tubes and this and that, ripping things, taking samples, estimators coming through. And it's still not over. I cannot wait for this to be done with. My favorite phrase to Jason that he just hates is "I'm so over this!!!"

It's true. I just pray that God helps me out here because its frustrating. I just want my husband here already to help a sista out. Or... You know what I mean.

One day at a time. I have to keep telling myself that. I just don't like all this clutter of mess and junk in my garage. I want it out! I want my boxes unpacked but I have nowhere but the floor to put all these books, folders and binders we have. So I have to get a bookshelf. Or two. But it won't fit in my car so I'd have to order it. But we don't have the money to do that. And these darn blinds that I tried putting up on the windows are all mangled and stuck and off the string. So we don't have blinds on any bedroom window. So at night people can see in when the lights are on. I'm frustrated at the blinds.

I'm frustrated because our tv just died on us. The tv that we've had since Korea just stopped producing a picture and now won't even turn on. Now we either have to not buy a tv or spend the money and buy one. In the midst of all we already have to spend. No, we don't need a tv. Nobody NEEDS one but I'm sorry I have kids and I'm a woman and I'm human and I don't have anyone to talk to at night and it gets lonely. So yeah having no tv is a big shocker to us. Yes I get more cleaning done but there's only so much cleaning one can do before going nutso. I read but let's get real. I can really only do that when its almost my bed time if I want no interruptions.

In addition to that testing my patience, my porch light and stairwell light decide to simultaneously go out in the same day so it's pitch black when I come home and creepy as heck going down my stairs at night. No matter how many times I go to the store why can I never remember to get darn lightbulbs?!? You know you do that too so don't judge. My kids power wheels we just bought them stopped working. Brand new battery so it must be the charger?? Anyway it's like come ON just add it to the list brotha. Just keep adding more and more things for me to take care of. Thank the good Lord I'm a stay at home mom at this point in time so I don't absolutely feel like scratching my eyeballs out after a long day of work and then to come home to all of this.

Ahhhh I feel better now. Thanks for letting me vent and if you made it this far I appreciate you reading because maybe you feel a little bit sympathetic for me hehe. My thumbs hurt now. Im on my phone. I didn't know I'd be divulging this much on my post tonight or I would have done it on my computer rather. Divulge. My English comp teacher always used that word and it forever makes me think of her-- Ms. Morton.

God bless whoevers reading. Till next time! Cheerio.


4 comments:

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason said...

Miss you, babe...

Ashley P. said...

I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble with your home. If it makes you feel any better, we had some issues with our home in Virginia too (gotta love living in hurricane country!). Just the "perks" of homeownership, haha...not-so-much. :) Just keep your chin up and your focus on Christ. Ask Him for strength on a daily basis, even moment to moment if you need to. Everything happens in your life for a reason according to His will and plan. Just keep focusing on Him and He will take care of the rest. (Psalm 55:22 & Matthew 11:28-30) You CAN do this Ash!! :)

Ashley P. said...

P.S. I REALLY wish I was in your neck of the woods so I could help you out. Maybe the Lord will send us a little closer in 2014 when our lease is up. :)