Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Seriously Kansas, you are SO HOT!

Being here in this bloody hot weather makes me REALLY miss California weather and not take it for granted. The worse part is putting the kids into their carseats in a hot and stuffy car. You can only let it "air out" for so many minutes. Growing up in Las Vegas, I experienced these type of summers every year. Living in Korea, I've experienced THEE HOTTEST and most humid weather of my life and probably wearing ACU's didn't make it any cooler. Then Germany was pretty bad for a few weeks in the summer. But there is nowhere quite like my little California home :) I miss you, home!!

We found a church we like. We've been to about a dozen and I was just hoping I'd find something right for us. A service where there was recent music.. like stuff you hear on Christian radio, the congregation is alive and moving around, people are lifting their hands, swaying, being free, just loving the worship. That's what I thrive in. I found that at a church in California and I immediately fell in love. I have never experienced a worship service quite like that before. People are knelt at the altar, some are jumping up and down for joy, most are lifting their hands, singing, praising.. and the pastor was ON FIRE for Jesus. I mean he is high energy all the time and it's so inspiring. Anyway, I didn't find anything like that here in Kansas, but I found the best I can get. So that'll do for now until we go back to California in a few years.

It's nice being back in school but I am realizing that I'm struggling more than ever with certain classes. I'm one of those people who like to go in and learn what I need to learn to get the job done and get out. I don't like to dilly dally in all these other classes. I just want to take my nursing classes and be done. I don't want to take math, music, psych, socio, etc. I'm not a natural student. Some struggle with it more than others. I am one who always struggled as a teen and even now going back to school. Even with all the motivation in the world that I have, I still very much dislike school! Good thing summer semester is so short. :)

No comments: