
The kids started preschool last week and they couldn't be happier. Heck, I couldn't be happier. I was starting to go into a whole other level of stir-craziness at home. They only go two days a week for a few hours a day, but it's amazing what a few hours can do to fuel their need for socialization and brain stimulation and some peace and quiet for me. I can never seem to get on a clean streak at home with the kids always around continuously making messes around the house. When I have a few hours to myself, I feel like I can conquer the world! I feel like I have these few precious hours that are just ticking away so I need to make good use of every last drop- or minute.
The best part of preschool or "peek-sool" as they call it, is bringing their snack in their own lunch bags. They got a cute animal lunch bag for Christmas and they love watching me pack their snacks in there. They love carring on their shoulder and peeking in at their apples and cheese-its and water. I had to volunteer the first day in class since it's a requirement for parents to volunteer a few times. Such a jam packed 3 hours for those kids, but it's good for them. The class sang songs, did games with colors and the alphabet, made a name necklace, ate snacks, did a bathroom break, played on the playground, and then story time.
We have been trying to stay busy these past few months. Jonah and Leila started t-ball and they are quickly learning the ropes. It's good for them. They struggle with learning to play in a team setting. So if anything, t-ball is good for them to learn to play with other kids and work together.
That's all for now. Just waiting on Jason to get out of Afghanistan. If deployment has taught me anything this past year it has shown me that life is better with your loved ones near. I do not take Jason for granted and thank God every day that He has given me my life partner. I just wish He'd give Jason back now!! :)






2 comments:
I feel the same way sometimes. Thank God for preschool! It will be nice to have that time to ourselves when Jackson is born. The twins look so cute playing t-ball. I may have to look into that for Eli this summer. Can't wait to see you guys!
Those two are so cute. So glad they are loving peek-sool and t-ball. I played softball as a kid and I still have fond memories of it. :)
Post a Comment