Monday, September 7, 2009

Operation: Rising Star


I don't want to get my hopes up yet, because who knows if I will place and win the money!! Last weekend was the preelimination rounds for the Army's version of American Idol... Operation: Rising Star. I decided to try out at the last minute, so we took the babies and went to the Hilltop Club. It was me and five other people. That's all. So, I sang "Fever", Michael Buble's version, and I did alright, although extremely nervous. I got first place, which really doesn't mean anything right now. Next week is the final competition where 1st place wins $500, 2nd place wins $250, and 3rd gets $150. Not bad eh. BUT I do have to choose TWO songs with background music. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Great. On top of that, you have to get your whole unit to come out and support you because 50% of the voting is audience participation and clapping for you! Great.. so let's just say we do get a lot of people from our unit to come out, they are all going to be expecting me to be some Whitney Houston, which all I am is a little church girl singer. But then again, maybe I can use that to my advantage. I'm thinking about doing some Christian songs since that's my favorite genre of music.

Anyway, we will see how it goes. I will take a video and maybe post it, if I don't feel too shy. Wish me luck please! I will be soo nervous!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Way to go Girl! Don't underestimate yourself. You were good enough to get first place :) Congrats! Will be rooting for you.

Unknown said...

you will do great! You have always been a good singer.