I had to take a visit to the hospital yesterday because over these past few months of my pregnancy (starting about 4 1/2 months), I've been feeling like my heart is racing even when I'm relaxed and sitting down, and that causes me to have shortness of breath, which leads to lightheadedness, then feeling like I'm going to pass out. And this has gotten worse over the pass several weeks-- severely worse to the point where it happens in the car while driving, and I have to pull over and stop to lay down because all of those symptoms are happening.
So I called the doc's office yesterday (they've known about this problem since it's been going on) and they told me to go to the hospital just to get checked out. They monitered mine and the babies' heartbeats for a while and I got to see the labor and delivery floor, which was very nice I might add. After about an hour, they wheeled me down to the E.R. so I could get another EKG done and have them monitor my heart and take a few blood tests. Everything came out normal, as I expected. I was relaxed, laying down, and calm, so of course my symptoms weren't present. It's only when I sit up or even stand. So they are going to give me a heart monitor to where on my belt for a few days to see how my heart reacts when these phases do occur- which is about 3 times a day.
Speaking of phases, I went to get a pedicure today (haven't had one in years!) and instead of being so relaxed with the spa, and the massage chair, my symptoms started coming on again, I was going to pass out, getting so sweaty from not being able to breath or get comfortable. It was an awful experience. Just like the massage appt that Jason got as a gift for me. lol. So all that is said and done, these symptoms are due to more pressure being put on my heart from the babies, and since I have two, it's twice as bad. I must say, it is the most discomforting feeling in the WORLD. Discomfort*, not pain. I'm sure contractions will be a blast, as well. ;D
1 comment:
OMG! Erinn and I were just there and we had no idea. In fact, everyone that we've shown the picture of Erinn with you and Ryan to said that you look really good. I'm just getting used to the idea of blogging and it's kinda neat. Pretty soon I'll be too old for this automated stuff. Love, love, A. Dee
Post a Comment